Saturday, March 8, 2008

Jang Dong Gun 2008 Birthday Party and Fan Meeting - Recap from a fan

Hi Everyone,

I could remember last year when Just JDG forum was still up and running, a group of us tried to give everyone the latest updates about THE Birthday party events. As I would like to make this a little trend for the website with
the permission from the webmistress I am going to try to write a little about the event to share with everyone who cannot join us. Unlike last year our chase for Jang Dong Gun was on a daily basis and 4 days in a row (thanks to him being in a foreign country where we can greet him and send him off in the airport and the 2 Missha events), this year we were only able to see him once in his homeland. But of course it was satisfying nonetheless.

This year we met up in Coex Mall at about 10.30am to 11am and the meeting place was somewhat a challenge to find since it was in place that was under renovation so the sign literally do not exist, But for the love of DG this is
a challenge that I was willingly to take. I was lucky enough that before my hunt began it was already over since
I saw Adonis International had already gathered together and started to move towards the venue. There were about
100+ of us and to me it was a rather impressive sight walking together through a mall. Like a lost little duckling, I join the group proudly. It was great to see the familiar faces and meet up with the new ones. The first thing that greet us when we arrived at the venue was a beautiful "samsung gift card" poster that cause my heart to flutter and my hand to my handbag to grab my camera. We have to line up to register and to pick our seat numbers, get all those goodies from the sponsors, lucky draw to get DG souvenir and best of all we were asked to write a question to ask DG. This year we got 2 bags of goodies that was placed in 2 beautiful paper-bag with DG's pictures on it. One was from Chung Jung Won and another bag from SK Telecom. The goodies include a variety of cooking product from Chung Jung Won, like some drinking vinegar, seaweed, chili and mushroom paste, and a bottle of soy sauce (that may thought was a beverage), Hera Homme facial set, "special" made Korean guide book for Adonis, a fan and most important DG's birthday biscuit. And to my surprise a sheet of paper telling us that we will be playing some games with DG and winners will be able to get a gift from DG on stage (I will talk more about the games later).

While I was drooling over the pictures on the bag, we were told that at 12.30pm we can line
up to buy souvenirs. Since, it was always a rare opportunity to be able to purchase such treats I forgone my lunch to get in line. But before doing that I went to the another line to purchase DG's special Samsung gift card set. They were 5 different style to choose from. Aside from the previous one with DG's movie pictures on it, they were two new one from the image of "Big Big Credit Card CF". All of them were so beautiful, so it was easy for me to decide which one to get. I bought them all. Then I proceed to the next line, after some time of anticipation since
we have no idea what was on sale, when it was my turn to get to the booth to buy the souvenirs I was informed
due to the limited amount of things available , I could only buy one set of each and the bad news was I could
only choose one type of key chain. Ahhh.. the agony of choosing but it was a decision to make nonetheless. I got
a clock, a ceramic set with my absolute favorite DG's expression from the second Chung Jung Won CF pictures and a key
chain. I was satisfied. The line was really long and the souvenirs were sold out in less than an hour and
half ( I pad myself for making the right decision). The hall was getting crowded with more fans, and there were more posters in the hall for the fans to take pictures with, one from Hera and another from Samsung camera. Oh, there was also one where you can be the bride of DG from Samsung Card.

End of Part One of Four

PS: I am so glad to see quite a numbers of fans from Mexico. And I think there were fans from about 16 countries who showed up this year.I would love to welcome all of them and hope that everyone will continue to support Jang Dong Gun.

Once again, please pardon my grammar. And this write up is from me (peipei) and does not represent website

No comments: